Monday, May 3, 2010

My Mondays: Sweatin' with the oldies

I got my butt in gear this morning and made it to the gym.  I dropped the girls off in the nursery and jumped on a treadmill in the cardio room right next door.

Let me just say that I was one of the few people in the entire complex who wasn't using a walker to get around.  Apparently, during the day, there are only seniors and mommies at the gym.  Makes sense I guess, everyone else goes to work.

So, here I am easing back into a running program and McGrannyPants hops on a treadmill next to me...and kicks my butt, folks.  Seriously.  I'm sweating.  I'm huffing and puffing.  Slowly running along, no incline, desperate to get to the half mile mark.  Here's McGrannyPants speed walking up a freakin' hill and not breaking a sweat.  Damn.

The downstairs cardio room faces one of the aerobics studios where a class was going on.  Again, not a person under 60 in the class.  So, as I was struggling through my 1.5 miles today, I watched these little old men and women try to follow this young girl doing a step routine.  Freakin' Hilarious.  They were awesome and I hope that when I'm 60, I'm in better shape than I am now.  But, still.  It was funny watching them trying to follow the routine. 

So, that's my Monday.  Oh, and the girls did fine in the nursery and Mini Me said she'd like to go back.  Yay!

No comments: