Tuesday, November 18, 2008

B is for Bond, James Bond

B is for Bond, James Bond.

What could this possibly have to do with almost 21-month old Mini Me, you might ask? Well, it appears that Mini Me has an affinity for Bond films.

This afternoon while having a tantrum of epic proportions as a result of my refusal to let her watch a second episode of Dora the Explorer, Mini Me was frantically pushing the buttons on our cable box with the hopes that she might restart her show. She's had luck with this in the past, so, couldn't hurt to try, right?

So, as I watch her from across the room (because honestly, when the tantrums hit this level, all you can do is watch and wait for the crash and burn) I see the screens changing and different titles become highlighted on the screen. Next thing I see is "press ok to buy" and before I could get to the other side of the room, Dr. No started playing.

Yes, Mini Me succeeded in ordering a Pay-per-View movie, something that I have yet to be able to do without much cursing and swearing when I keep inadvertently hitting the exit button instead of enter. So, I turned it off and had to contact the cable company to explain that my toddler had ordered a James Bond movie by accident and got them to remove the charge from our account. They politely reminded me that I should set the parental controls to prevent unauthorized ordering in the future.

Yeah, thanks. I'll get right on that!

1 comment:

Anne said...

That is soooooooooooo funny.:)