Wednesday, August 12, 2009

U is for Undies!!!!

U is for Undies!!!

You may have noticed the absence of potty training related discussions here lately.

That's because there was very little to report. Mini Me was absolutely consistent with using the potty as long as she didn't have underwear (or any bottoms) on. No pee accidents at all.

However, it's not really socially acceptable to have a 2.5 year old child running around town naked. So, that posed a bit of a problem.

She had a difficult time understanding that underwear were not diapers. And, really, at home, I don't care if she wears clothes or not. It's summer, it's hot, I'm tired. End of story.

Well, today I decided to bite the bullet and start over with potty training. I was feeling motivated and rested due to my newly unemployed/on maternity leave status. So, undies it was.

This morning was a complete disaster, complete with poop and all. Great. But, by this afternoon, I guess she was tired of cleaning up the mess, because she has now managed to pull her underwear down and pee on the potty...not once, but twice!

So, I am cautiously optimistic that we may be turning the corner, and this child may be on her way to being fully potty trained and completely out of diapers (well, maybe except for nighttime) before her baby sister is born.

Yay Mini Me! I am so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

Audra said...

Cute story! I don't have any kids yet, but I imagine potty training is one of the biggest hurdles! Keep up the good work!

I'm visiting from SITS, and I look forward to reading more from you. Consider yourself "followed!"

Audra
audradetillier.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Potty training is a landmark for sure!

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.