Wednesday, January 7, 2009

P is for planning

P is for planning.

Now that Christmas is over, and the tree and decorations have come down, it is time for the next major event for our little family. Mini Me turns 2 next month!!! It seems like just yesterday that I was planning her first birthday, and now here we are a year later already.

Over the summer when Mini Me was completely in love with Elmo and the gang, I had the idea that we would do a Sesame Street theme for her party. I had all sorts of great ideas. Well, now here we are ready to have a party, and while we still watch SS on a daily basis, Dora The Explorer has, at least temporarily, become more exciting. So, I have started from scratch and am now planning a Dora party.

I am almost done making the invitations (yes, I am creating them myself and have worked very hard on them, so if you think they look like crap, just be nice and pretend they are awesome, k?) and hope to have them in the mail at the end of the week. And, yes, I know that (almost) everyone knows when the party is, but whatever.

Oh, and Mini Me's reaction to the tree disappearing during her nap? "Tree? Tree? Where is?" while looking frantically around the living room. Almost heartbreaking enough to leave the tree up all year. But, I might need a divorce lawyer if I did that. We all know how much Daddy loves Christmas!

No comments: