Tuesday, January 27, 2009

O is for One Cookie

O is for One Cookie.

In an effort to combat the cold winter boredom that has infiltrated our house, Mini Me and I baked cookies yesterday. Granted, she mainly ran around the kitchen while I made cookies, but she said the word cookie enough times that I will count that as participation in the activity, thank you very much.

Today, the few cookies that have survived past the 24 hour mark, were sitting there taunting Mini Me after lunch. When she finished her mac-n-cheese, she said in her sweetest, most endearing voice, "please, cookie". I granted her request with the understanding that we would have one, and only one cookie. "OK" she said....

Mini me is notorious for eating e.x.t.r.e.m.e.l.y. s.l.o.w.l.y. So, in the time it took her to take about 2 bites of her cookie, mommy had already finished hers and was looking longingly at the others in the container. So, while I thought Mini Me wasn't looking, I reached in to grab one.

She must have noticed that I had a cookie, then didn't have a cookie, then suddenly had a cookie again, because my little Count, held up one finger, shook her head and said, repeatedly, "one cookie, one cookie"

BUSTED!

What was I to do? I said, "look, Thomas!" and pointed to the other room and stuffed the cookie in my mouth like any self respecting person would do! I had already touched the cookie...couldn't put it back, right? And, couldn't waste it. Too bad my jeans are already straining from the extra holiday pounds I gained. Oh, well. Some people make New Year's Resolutions...I'm making a Valentine's Day one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!!!! I love the background.

Love you,
Anne