Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Appointment Updates

So, yesterday I spent literally half my day in a doctor's office.

Little Sister had her 2 week check and Big Sister had an appointment with an orthopedist. Here's how it all went....

Little Sister: Only gained 2 ounces in a week. That's a problem. The pediatrician said she looks great, and she's 7 pounds, 5 ounces, which is more than her birth weight. But, she would have liked to seen her gain more. There is some concern about her eating style...snacking as opposed to eating, which is leaving her hungry and mommy frustrated. So, I'm pumping and giving her the milk in a bottle, which seems to be going well so far. Not sure what our final plan will be, but she seems content. She's just lazy and not wanting to work for her food: taking it from the bottle is easier than getting it direct from the source. :-)

Also, just to be an attention whore and brag about my little one..... She is an awesome sleeper! She went to bed at 7:45 last night and didn't wake up until 2:30 this morning. She ate and went right back to sleep until 5:30, ate, and went right back to sleep until 9am. Woot! Woot! I know our luck may change, but at 2 weeks old, I feel like a million bucks with all the sleep we're getting. AND, Big Sister has miraculously decided to sleep in until 7:30ish, so after I feed Little Sister, I actually can go back to sleep if I want...or shower...or have a cup of coffee in peace. I'm loving life right now.

Big Sister: Saw the orthopedist. I am very happy to report that he declared her perfectly fine. He said there is nothing structurally wrong with her back, hips or legs. He said that she just has some bad habits, and gave us some tips to help her break them. He did say that if she doesn't improve her walking style by next fall, she will have to have walking casts on for 6 weeks, which will force her to walk properly. He also suggested ballet classes. Umm...I can see her in dance class, but something tells me ballet is probably not her style. Regardless, he wants to see her next year, just to follow up, but all is well with her.

I'm sure there are a million more things I could post about, but I'm going to go enjoy a few minutes of quiet time while both girls are napping. How awesome is that!

No comments: