Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You know those shrunken heads...

Well, apparently, my kid has one.

Sweet Pea's 4 month appointment was today. (Can you believe it? 4 months already!)

Here are her stats:

Weight: 12 pounds 6oz
Length: 25 1/8 inches

That puts here right around the 20th percentile for weight, 75th for height.

Then comes her head circumference.... She's in the 6th percentile for that. Not 60, not 16...just 6.

Peanut head.

The doctor is happy with her progress and gave us the go ahead to start solids whenever we feel that she is ready.

I am also very happy to report that it seems as if this situation (and possibly other similar situations from the sounds of it) has resulted in some change of procedure at the office.

When the nurse first took us into the exam room and was doing the measurements and standard questions, she reviewed the vaccination record in their computer system and discussed with me which vaccinations Sweet Pea was due for.

When the doctor came in, she reviewed the record in the system and reviewed with me which ones she was due for. Then, when the nurse brought the needles into the room, the nurse and doctor both reviewed the record together and verbally confirmed each shot with what was in the tray. It was reminiscent of the medication checks that I'm accustomed to from my former career.

While I'm still annoyed that she got the extra shot, I'm glad that they have responded by making some changes to protect kids from future errors.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good stats. What a face on Mini Me......