Wednesday, April 22, 2009

C is for closet

C is for closet.

We had a very productive morning...before 8am. Since we were up at 5:30, we had breakfast, played with trains, had a tea party and then were looking for something else to do.

I decided that it was time to clean out Mini Me's closet. Since it is *hopefully* going to stay warm enough to wear her spring clothes, I decided to try on all of the stuff she had to see what fit and what didn't.

I kept 5-6 warm outfits out, just in case. It is still April in New England, after all.

We have half a closet full of spring/summer stuff already. Some of it was from last summer that still fits. Some is stuff that I bought at the end of last summer when everything was on sale. And, a few things that were given to Mini Me as gifts.

I took ALL of the clothes out of the closet and put them in a big pile on the floor. Mini Me thought this was great...the indoor equivalent to jumping in a pile of leaves. She was even in a good enough mood to let me try on about 90% of her clothes. She was declaring items as "too big" , "too small" or "very pretty".

I had her separate the clothes that fit into piles: shorts, pants, dresses, shirts.

She enjoyed trying to put things on the hangers, and telling Elmo to help as well.

When all was said and done, we ended up with:

5 pairs of Capri's
10 pairs of shorts
1 skirt
8 dresses
12 T-shirts/tanks
3 other outfits.

Not bad since I haven't even done any spring/summer shopping yet! She has more clothes than I do!

No comments: