Thursday, May 7, 2009

R is for Rain

R is for Rain.

It has rained all.week.long.

Ordinarily, rain generally doesn't bother me. I like rain. It's peaceful. Yet, when I have a 2 year old screaming to go to the park...well, the rain can just kiss my fat pregnant butt.

Cabin fever doesn't even begin to describe what happened to Mini Me yesterday. Let me walk you through it.

My day started around 3am when I woke up from a sound sleep. Just woke up. No reason, just wide a wake. Damn the pregnancy insomnia. So, I tossed and turned (annoying both hubby and the dog). Finally, after the alarm went off, I dosed off. Hubby left for work, and about 20 minutes later, Mini Me woke up. OK, it was 6:30. Not bad, right? Wrong.

I went to her door to open the gate, and she yelled at me. "No! No, Mommy! Daddy do it!" Uh, kiddo, daddy isn't here. So, either "mommy do it" or you stay in your room all day....

So, right then and there, I saw what kind of a day I was in for. I made a snap decision that we were going out. We had a bunch of errands to run anyway, and since Mini Me is usually really good when we are out and about, I thought this might turn the day around for us.

I took her out to breakfast and her mood seemed to improve. Thinking I had succeeded, I next attempted to go to the grocery store.

::cue tantrum #1::

Apparently, sitting in the cart is no longer good enough. Damn the person who invented those little car things on the front of carts for children to sit in and pretend to drive. While they are a good idea, they are virtually impossible for a pregnant lady with a full cart and a 30 pound child to maneuver. I said no, and that is when we stood outside the grocery store for 10 minutes while I first wrestled her into a cart, and waited for the hysterical screaming to stop...followed by bribing her with a balloon.

We get done shopping and go to get back in the car. But, Mini Me doesn't want to.

::cue tantrum #2::

Followed by tantrums: driving past the park, driving past the library, leaving dog at the groomer, leaving the pet store, going home for lunch, taking a nap, waking up from a nap, eating dinner, having a bath.....I'm sure there were others.

I was in the bedroom putting laundry away, and Mini Me was whining and crying about wanting to paint....10 minutes before dinner. When I told her no, she slammed the door, and said, "I quit" and sat in the closet. I couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: