Tuesday, June 29, 2010

9 Months!

Or, 3/4 of a year.  Holy Cow!

So, Sweet Pea is 9 months old today.  She is an excellent stair climber, super fast crawler, and a daring cruiser.  She often lets go when standing and, if she is anything like her sister, will be venturing out to take those first precious steps very soon.

Sweet Pea also adores her sister, even when the feelings are not reciprocated.  Although, she does get a devilish grin when Mini Me cries, so perhaps there's more to her than meets the eye.

All in all, she is a very easy going, friendly, happy baby.

At her 9 month appointment today, she weighed 18 pounds, 4.5 ounces and was 28 inches long.

Speaking of her appointment, maybe my expectations are a little too high given how much I loved our old pediatrician, but I'm not impressed with her new office and will start the search again.  I made the appointment for her 1 year visit and will give them one more shot, but I'm not optimistic.

To be fair, we saw the NP, not any of the actual pediatricians.  But, she told me to give juice to my 9 month old.  WTF?  My 3 year old rarely gets juice, and when she does it is watered down.  Per the advice of our previous pediatrician and our own preferences, we have decided that juice is not necessary.  We would prefer that our children get their nutrition from eating fresh fruit and drink water, both lifelong healthy habits, instead of pounding sugary sweet drinks.

Then, when questioned about what else she eats, I explained that we don't give pureed food anymore, that she is only eating solid finger foods.  To which she said, "She's a little too young for that".  Umm, no.  As long as she's eating, what difference does it make whether the banana is in bite size form or mush form???  Are you kidding me??? 

I'm starting to wonder if I should just stick with our old pediatrician 1.5 hours away.  Seems crazy, but if I can't find a pediatrician that is more in line with our views, then I might consider it.

So, posed pictures are not really possible at this point, so here is one attempt, and more importantly, a video.



No comments: