Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 1 of Potty Training

Day 1 of Potty Training

I had planned to start on Wednesday, but since I was just home with Mini Me after school on Tuesday, I started after her nap.

She woke up and I took her to the potty. She sat for a couple of minutes but didn't pee. Insisted on getting up. Went to the playroom, and peed on the floor. ::change #1::

An hour and a half later, she was in the playroom and I caught her start to pee and picked her up and got her on the potty where she finished going. Partial success! ::change #2::

After dinner, Mini Me was in the playroom with daddy and said she needed to go. She sat on the potty for 30 seconds then got up and came into the kitchen. I reminded her that to get her sticker, she needed to go on the potty. Too late. She peed on the kitchen floor. ::change #3::

So, I sent her with daddy for a bath. After bath, we put her in a diaper (we're not overnight training, these first few days). A few minutes later, she looked down, grabber her diaper and said "pee". Sure enough, she had gone. Awesome for telling us!

Changed her diaper right before bed. She got into bed and 2 minutes later convinced daddy that she needed another change. But, she didn't, and went to bed for the night.

So, Day 1 was not a total bust. We did have some promising moments...and a lot of laundry.

No comments: