Monday, June 8, 2009

U is for Updates

U is for Updates. Back to our regular format.

So, we've had a few more very successful days of potty training. Mini Me is fairly consistently peeing on the potty independently. She has also pooped on the potty (with a little assistance from me when I noticed her get into her poop stance, I swooped her over to the potty, where she went). We also had one poop accident. But, all in all, things are going really well.

We also ventured out to dinner with her last night. We did put her in a pull-up, because she's not telling us she needs to go at home. She just gets up and goes. At dinner, I noticed her squirming around and asked her if she needed to go. She said yes, so I took her. She did go, but we didn't quite make it in time. She did sit on the potty and finish though. That's very promising. Now I just need her to tell me just a minute or two earlier. But, that will come with practice.

Anyway, she's very proud of herself.

In other news, Mini Me is still very obsessed with Elmo and Sesame Street. It's great in some ways, because of all the children's programming, SS is my favorite. I bought her a SS CD as a reward, but the truth is: I think I wanted it more than she did.

And, no, I have not forgotten to post about our vacation. I'm still working on it. I've just been completely involved with the whole potty training saga. Also, I've been "nesting" like crazy (there will most likely be a post on Mini Me Jr.'s blog about that soon).

No comments: