Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband and 2 amazing children. I am thankful that while we are not rich, and money is tight, I am able to be a stay at home mom. I am thankful that we have the opportunity to raise 2 beautiful girls to be compassionate, loving human beings.

This holiday season, please remember its not the material things that matter. This year, with so many people struggling, be thankful for what you have and give what you can to those who don't.

We are teaching Mini Me the importance of the holiday season by having her pick a couple of her Christmas presents to donate to Toys for Tots. There are many ways to help the cause besides giving toys, so please check out their website.

I'll be posting a list of some of our favorite charities on the right. Hopefully, someone who reads this will be inspired to at least visit the site and consider contributing, be it an item, money or your time. Or, post a comment with your own favorite charity and I will add it to the list.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: